Save Money When Remodeling Your Bathroom
Bathroom remodels can be incredibly rewarding, but many are scared off because of the price tag. Unfortunately, this cost is often assumed. Many people do not realize that there are ways to save money while remodeling your bathroom. Before you flush the dream of a new bathroom down the drain, incorporate these money-saving tips for Bowie bathroom remodeling into your design.
- Know Your Budget and Do Your Research – If you do not have a clear idea of your budget, your project costs can quickly spiral out of control. You should know the maximum amount you’re willing to put into the project. Within that figure should be a cushion for delays or unforeseen costs, such as rusty pipes that were exposed once you peeled back your drywall. Additionally, finding the items that you’ll use during your remodel before you begin will help save you money by the time the project is complete. If you’re picking out objects as you go, it’s easy to spend “an extra $50 on this piece” and “an extra $40 on that piece.” Over time, those purchase that you’ve justified will add up, costing you more money than anticipated.
- Check Your Drywall Before You Begin – Because of the high frequency of moisture in the bathroom, you’ll likely need to replace your drywall during your remodel. You should check with your contractor to see if a full replacement is necessary. Knowing how much drywall you’ll need to replace before you begin will prevent a costly surprise.
- Work Within Your Existing Structure – Knocking down walls, moving plumbing, and rerouting electrical wiring will quickly get expensive. If you can work with the structure you currently have in place, your remodel will be much cheaper. Unless it’s necessary, avoid resizing your bathroom. Cabinets can provide needed space without the cost of resizing.
- Bargain Shop – Many bathroom pieces can be salvaged at antique stores and flea markets. An existing piece may just need a modern update. For example, you can put a new seat and lid on a toilet to provide a valuable addition to your remodel.
- Consider the Full Picture – Remodeling your bathroom is an investment in your home. Adding cabinets, changing countertops, and updating the plumbing will all favorably impact the value of your home. Your home’s value will increase by approximately 70% of the total project cost, depending on where you live and the work you have done.
Work Within Your Budget
It’s important to find a bathroom remodeling contractor in Bowie, MD who understands what you’re looking to get out of your project and how much you’re willing to put into it. At Cardigan, we will work with you to craft a design that does both. With expertise in bathroom remodeling, plumbing services, and cabinetry, you’ll cut down on labor costs by working with one contractor throughout your entire remodel. Contact us today at (410) 451-9340. We look forward to hearing from you and beginning your new remodel soon!