Subway Tile And The Inspiration
Subway tile became popular in the early 1900’s when it debuted right where its name suggests: in the subways of New York City. Since that time, the tiles have spread out and taken root in many homes across America. In modern times, they have evolved beyond simple white rectangle tiles and can be found in many different colors and textures.
The kitchen backsplash has been the primary setting for these tiles in the home. When it comes to remolding your kitchen, adding a tile backsplash is the most ideal way to add style and design. This is the place where classic design meets modern style, and at Cardigan, we can help you pick the design that fits your style.
Of course you can choose the classic, white, ceramic tile to give your kitchen a clean and sharp feel, especially if you have an all-white color scheme. But tiles also come in all different colors, materials, and textures.
• A bronze leaf design adds texture against a darker tile backdrop
• Glass tiles come in a multitude of colors from granny-apple green to a bright blue
• Textures can be mixed together, some glossy and some matte to create something unique
• Stainless steel tiles create shine and change as the light changes
• Tiles in varying shapes and sizes create a visually stunning pattern
• The look of faux brick is rustic in its charm
• A hand painted tile mural brings personalization to your backsplash
• Mirrored tiles will reflect the light and action and are easy to clean
At Cardigan, we offer several different options for tile, no matter what style you are looking for. When it comes to your new remodeled kitchen, we know that it’s important to get what you want the first time, no going back. Our professional staff will help you find the right tile that will fit the best in your kitchen and in your budget. Stop into our showroom to see what we have to offer. Straight out of the subway or straight out of your own design, we’ll help you find the right tile made just for you.