The Process Of Kitchen Remodeling
A kitchen remodeling project can bring a bit of inconvenience to your home. Our professionals at Cardigan work hard to make sure this inconvenience is minimized, but a major remodel is going to disrupt your Maryland area home somewhat. In order to best plan for a project, it pays to get to know the kitchen remodeling process. The steps of a typical remodeling job are:
1. Hiring your contractors – Hiring your kitchen remodeling contractors is the most important part of the process, and this will make or break your entire experience. At Cardigan, our professionals are experienced, trained, and ready to tackle any area kitchen remodeling job at hand.
2. Design your kitchen and make your plans – With your remodeling contractors, you’ll begin the process by communicating your wishes for your kitchen and what you want out of your remodeling process. Your contractors will use their experience alongside your ideas and come up with a remodeling plan that works best for you, your home, and your budget.
3. Ordering materials – After your plans are set, our professionals will begin ordering the materials you’ll need for your new remodeling job. This may include quartz for your countertops, wood for your cabinets, and new plumbing fixtures amongst other things. Once your materials come in, the fun can really begin.
4. Rough construction – During the rough construction phase, which can last anywhere from 1 week to 6 weeks for larger jobs, your current kitchen will be demolished to make way for your new remodeled kitchen. It’s important during the rough construction phase to have a temporary kitchen set up somewhere in the home with a portable refrigerator and microwave for preparing simple meals.
5. Installations and final construction – Once the rough construction is finished, the installations and final construction process will begin. This is when you’ll really begin to see your new room coming together, as your remodeling plans are realized into your new space.
If you’d like to know more about the kitchen remodeling process, or what your process may include, contact us at Cardigan today!