Bathroom Plumbing Tips
The plumbing in your house is an intricate system of pipes and drains that allow you the modern conveniences of running water. Without plumbing and drains, life can get really messy. And like other systems in your house, your plumbing needs regular maintenance in order to continue being operational. We’ve put together a list of a few DIY tips you can use to keep your plumbing in tip-top shape.
1. Keep drains flowing. Once per week, it’s a good idea to flush your drains with some hot water. Depending on how high you have the hot water temperature in your water heater, you can just run hot tap water, or you may need to boil some water in a kettle to keep your drains clear.
2. Take a few minutes and install a catch in your drain that keeps hair and soap chunks from going down the drain. This will prevent clogs from forming in the drain.
3. It’s not enough to just install the catch, you have to make sure you regularly clean it too. Empty it at least weekly, if not more to avoid the drain clogging up.
4. Do not flush anything besides toilet paper down your toilet. This includes any kind of wipes, cotton balls, tissues, diapers or sanitary products. These items do not break apart and can cause serious damage to your plumbing system.
5. Fill a plastic bag about halfway with vinegar. Place the bag over your showerhead and tie it onto the pipe. Leave it to soak overnight in order to remove mineral deposits and to make your shower head spray more evenly. In the morning, remove the bag and wipe off the shower head for a more even shower.
These tips will help to keep your bathroom functioning properly. If these small tips don’t work to fix your problem, a bigger fix may be needed. Contact us today for all your bathroom remodeling needs and we’ll be happy to help you with your project.