Cleaning Your Showerhead
One of the places you may not be thinking to clean is your bathroom showerhead. You might be getting an inconsistent shower if your showerhead is clogged up with mineral deposits. It can affect your water pressure, and give you less washing power. Here’s a simple way to clean your showerhead overnight and get back to the shower that you love.
- Get a plastic bag, preferable the gallon size ones. It can have a zipper on it, but it doesn’t have to. You’ll also need some vinegar and a twist tie or a rubber band.
- Fill up the plastic bag with vinegar, about half way.
- Put the plastic bag around the showerhead so that the entire showerhead is immersed in the vinegar.
- Attach the plastic bag to the neck of your shower so that the bag will stay on the showerhead when you let it go.
- Let the showerhead sit in the bag of vinegar for at least an hour. If you haven’t done this in a while, or if you have really hard water, you may need to let it sit longer. Feel free to let it sit all the way overnight for maximum cleaning.
- Once you’ve let it sit, take the bag off and dump the vinegar. Wipe off the showerhead to remove any gunk that has been loosened up from the vinegar. You may even want to use an old toothbrush to scrub the face of the showerhead, removing everything you can.
- Turn on the water and let it blast through the showerhead. Check to see if the water is coming out more evenly and with more pressure than before. Your cleaning should be complete!
You can also disconnect the showerhead completely and soak it in a container of vinegar. This will loosen up the mineral deposits that may be building up on the inside as well as the outside. If a good cleaning doesn’t fix your problem, it may be time for a new showerhead. Cardigan Kitchens and Bath can help you with all your bathroom remodeling needs. Give us a call today to schedule a free estimate so you can get back to loving your shower.