Must-Read Helpful Bathroom Remodeling Tips
When it comes to home remodeling, the bathroom is the primary room in the house that people love to remodel. Believe it or not, American homeowners remodel their bathrooms more often than they do their kitchens. One of the reasons that bathrooms get more attention than kitchens is the cost that is involved. Obviously, the bathroom is a much smaller space. So it stands to reason that there is going to be less expense with a bathroom renovation project than what it costs to remodel the kitchen.
So if you have been thinking about giving your washroom a new look and feel, here are some helpful bathroom remodeling tips:
- Color – when painting bathroom walls, stay in the white to cream color spectrum in order to make the room appear larger.
- Dimmers – if you want to add some ambience and enjoy a late night bath, a dimmer switch is a simple yet ideal solution for accomplishing this.
- Fixtures – colored fixtures no longer make any sense because they look dated. Cream or white toilets and tubs still make the most sense.
- Flooring – from a practical standpoint, you should avoid installing wood floors. Although they do inject character, it’s not the best choice of materials to use unless they are properly sealed and stained to increase durability and longevity.
- Lighting – bathroom lighting is usually concentrated in one area and oftentimes dim which is ironic when you consider that individuals need to see their faces and hair while grooming. Consider adding more lighting by having sconces installed around the mirror.
- Recesses – built-in components such as recessed medicine cabinets, soap dishes, and toilet paper holders will give your bathroom a classier, older appearance.
- Toilet – think feng shui where the toiled is concerned and don’t have it facing the door.
Unless you’re highly skilled in all aspects of bathroom remodeling and renovating, this is a project that should be handled by insured and licensed professionals. There is a lot to be aware of beginning with the basic layout and planning stage. Certified professionals can design a layout that is highly efficient and help you determine what will facilitate the needs of your household. Additionally, bathroom remodeling also involves electrical and plumbing work. In most cases, this is just too much for the DIY’er to handle.
Bathroom remodeling and renovating requires the experience and skill that only professional contractors and designers can provide. Contact Cardigans Kitchens and Baths today and let us show you how we can design and build your dream bathroom.