Questions To Ask Your Kitchen Remodeling Contractors
Kitchen remodeling is a big job and having questions for your kitchen remodeling contractors is normal. Knowing what questions to ask will help you to feel confident about your remodel experience, providing you with a pleasant and beneficial remodel experience from start to finish. A few questions to ask your kitchen remodeling contractors are:
• How long have you been remodeling kitchens? – Experience is important when it comes to kitchen remodeling contractors. With experienced contractors you can rest assured that any issues that may come to light during your remodel can be handled correctly and effectively. There is no set amount of experience one should aim for, but one that makes you feel comfortable knowing that your kitchen is in the right hands.
• Are you licensed and insured? – A licensed and insured kitchen remodeling contractor is one that will be able to do an experienced and confident job. Should anything go awry on the job, your licensed and insured contractor is covered for any related damages. Licensing ensures you’re working with true professionals.
• Will you coordinate inspections and permits? – Some kitchen remodeling jobs may require certain inspections and permits before they’re able to be carried out. Asking if the contractor will obtain all proper permits and carry out inspections lets you know if this important part of the project is your responsibility or if it will be left in the hands of the professionals.
• What is the project timeline? – In kitchen remodeling jobs, no timeline is truly exact. There are unforeseen circumstances that may arise in your remodeling job which could lead to timeline deviations. However, your kitchen remodeling contractors should be able to provide you with an estimate based on your design and the plans you have for your remodel.
• Who will be my point of contact throughout the remodel? – It’s normal to have questions and concerns throughout your remodel. Before your job is started, ask your kitchen remodel team who your point of contact will be and where you can take these questions when they come up.
Vetting your kitchen remodeling contractors is crucial to having the kind of job you can be proud of. To learn more about what to ask your remodeling team, contact us at Cardigan Kitchens and Baths today.