What Is The Timeline For Your Home Remodel
Having reasonable expectations of your project’s timeline can directly determine with your satisfaction with the project. If the project runs considerably longer than you expected, you will grow frustrated with the process. What should be an enjoyable experience will quickly turn sour. Your contractor should be clear and upfront about what you can expect in terms of an expected timeline. Mentally, you should prepare for an extra week or so of work – problems are often discovered during the process that are out of the contractor’s control. If you have this mindset going in, you will not be disappointed!
The Expected Timeline For Your Home Remodel
The extent of work that you are doing will directly impact the expected timeline of the project, but below is a general guideline of what to expect.
- Planning & Design – This can be done at your pace. You should have an idea of what you want out of the home remodel. You should also take time to select a contractor, and convey your desire to them. Once the final design is chosen and products are ordered, this could end up taking a couple of months.
- Demolition – This can take from a week to a month, depending on the changes you are making to your existing design.
- Utilities – Appliance moving and installation can take a week or so.
- Paint – A couple of days
- Cabinets & Fixtures – Just shy of a week
- Flooring – Just shy of a week
- Trim & Finish Work – A couple of days
- Cleaning – A couple of days
Learn More About The Remodel Process
If you are considering a home remodel for your kitchen or bathroom, doing your homework beforehand is a great first step. You should be considering factors such as your budget, your timeline, and what your dream vision is for your remodel. If you are just getting started with this process, sign up for our email newsletter!